Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

January Snow Stop + Update



Two stories today....
  1. we cancelled our first 2011 session because of all the snow - you can't control Mother Nature!
  2. we still want to give you some tips for developing your 2011 Outlook
Reminder:  It's important to reserve your space with us so that we can contact you by email or phone for any cancellations or last minute changes.

2011 Outlook Tips
  • The Plan:  have a clear and focused plan with a timeline over the entire year.
  • Avoid Distractions:  create a list of distracting items that may take you off of your course so that you can recognize them and place them on your timeline where they belong.  Some things may need to be placed in later months of the year.  Others may need to go on a list of "nice to do" or "5 years out". 
  • Be Realistic:  know what you can and cannot do.  This means stretching yourself and developing your skills, not overwhelming yourself with tasks, projects and learning that will cause you to miss out on making money. 
Example:  I would like to develop an App.  I have an idea and want to see if it will fly.  This is something that I know nothing about except for the ones I use on my Blackberry and Ipad.
  • I have it on my timeline for 2011 to start in February.  This is my investigation process and connecting with someone I have in my connections from LinkedIn to discuss and brainstorm the topic. 
  • I have allotted 4 hours in February to this project.  This will provide me with ample time to evaluate if I should proceed and if the App should stay on my 2011 plan or not.
  • I do not know how to write code ( like the boys on Big Bang Theory) so I will need a very simple process or program or support system to execute this project if it goes.  I do not want to take my time away from clients, networking and the rest of my February and future goals as it could jeopardize my 2011 plan.
Use the tips for your outlook in 2011 to keep you focused.  If you find you are straying or need refocus, stop by a Brainwaves session or let me know.  I would be happy to coach you through that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment